Tuesday, February 07, 2006

It's awards season!

It's all gone awards crazy at the moment. We've had the Golden Globes, and now we've got the Oscars to look forward to, with all the attendant glitz and glamour. Looks like Brokeback Mountain is going to sweep to victory come 5 March, with probably some notable winners from Walk the Line and Capote. My guess is that Spielberg will be disappointed though. We'll see. The full list of noms are here. What are my predictions? Have a look here. If you really want to, you can keep up to date with all the details of the Oscar run-up.


We've also got our very own Baftas, jumping up and down shouting for attention and credibility, and desperately claiming to be some sort of Oscar predictor. If that was the case, The Constant Gardener would be much higher on the Hollywood agenda, as it's up for 10 Baftas, and as I'm sure it's a fine film (I can't believe I haven't seen it yet!) I hope it does well. Apart from that, the Bafta list does look remarkaby like the Oscar one. Still, 19 Feb should be fun. I usually watch it, and I'm sure this year will be no exception.

So what are your predictions? Or what would you have prefered to have seen nominated?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home